Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Toil and trouble for little black suckers

Purple came out well using multipurpose dye......

......but you can see why 'cold' isn't recommended for plastic buttons!

Black took forever. I didn't give in and eventually, more than an hour later, the little suckers turned black. Talk about 'Double, double, toil and trouble!'

Here are some additional pearls of wisdom...
It's still a matter of trying things out. Only use implements that are never going to have food in them. Let's not poison anybody. Avoid breathing in the fumes. The dye is toxic and dangerous; it's harsh chemical. I'm starting to lean towards Rit.

I'll have far too many red and green buttons for the ladies' Christmas craft workshop! Does any body want any?